Tom Emmer, the U.S. Representative and Chair of the Blockchain Caucus, said President Joe Biden’s executive order fails to mention decentralization directives even once. Emmer believes in the disintermediation of the U.S. economy to enable all Americans, regardless of circumstance, to decide their futures, not a bank or Big Tech or the government.
Tom Emmer’s Review Of The Executive Order
As per the review by Emmer, the “Executive Order on Ensuring Responsible Development of Digital Assets” signed by U.S. President Joe Biden directs various federal agencies to study the benefits and risks of digital assets to the U.S. economy. Also, the agencies will be tasked to study global competitiveness and provide legislative recommendations.
However, the Executive Order fails to mention decentralization even once. In order to improve trust and boost innovation, reducing intermediaries in the U.S. economy is crucial as the country has a national interest in fostering digital asset innovation.
1) Decentralization is the Point: The EO doesn’t mention decentralization once. The disintermediation of our economy will enable all Americans, regardless of circumstance, to decide their futures, not a bank or Big Tech or the government.
— Tom Emmer (@RepTomEmmer) March 10, 2022
The bipartisan Blockchain Caucus, co-chaired by Tom Emmer, has been advancing a pro-crypto legislative and oversight agenda for the past 8 years.
Moreover, he believes crypto, tokenization, blockchain, NFTs, smart contracts, and stablecoins are powering a more viable economic structure with individual autonomy. As a country, it’s crucial developing a strategy to boost innovation in crypto and blockchain technologies.
Highlighting other aspects of the Executive Order (EO), Emmer said:
“The EO places the “highest urgency” on the agencies to study CBDCs. Any commonsense analysis of a potential U.S. CBDC that is not open, permissionless, and private would illuminate that the very idea is an entire non-starter and a disservice to Americans.”
“The EO doesn’t ask the SEC to weigh in. SEC Chair Gensler has spent the past year intimidating crypto innovators and entrepreneurs with his unproductive regulation by public statement and enforcement action. His input is not critical.”
The rest of the EO focuses on consumer protection, systemic risks, global competitiveness, international standards, and placing guardrails on code to make sure it’s resilient. The U.S. Representative agreed on the importance of bipartisanship for keeping the crypto community in the U.S., continuing American leadership in technology and innovation.
“Overall, it’s critical to maintain tech and economic leadership on the global stage, and I look forward to continuing to work to find bipartisan solutions to keep our great crypto community right here in the United States.”
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?