The cryptocurrency market witnessed a mega bull run during the last year of 2021. On Tuesday, January 4, institutional crypto investing platform CoinShares shared annual stats regarding institutional inflows in the crypto space last year.
As per the report, the institutional yearly inflows in crypto stood at a staggering $9.3 billion marking a near 36% jump against $6.8 billion in 2020. Furthermore, the total number of crypto assets and investment products has also expanded from 9 to 15 in 2021.
Additionally, 37 new investment products were launched last year against 24 products in 2020. Thus, as of now, there are 132 institutional crypto products suggesting strong institutional demand in the crypto space. In its report, CoinShares mentioned:
“While the increase from 2019 to 2020 was significantly higher at 806%, we believe this represents a maturing industry, with total assets under management (AUM) ending the year at $62.5 billion in 2021 versus just $2.8 billion at the end of 2019″.
Bitcoin still continues to dominate net inflows in the market against other altcoins. As per the CoinShares report, Bitcoin registered net inflows of $6.3 billion in 2021 marking a 16% increase over the previous year. On the other hand, Ethereum registered net inflows of $1.3 billion in 2021. Other multiasset funds with a basket of cryptocurrencies witnessed net inflows of $775 million.
The world’s largest digital asset manager – Grayscale – continued to maintain its market dominance with $43.5 billion in AUM. This was followed by CoinShares at $4.75 billion and 3iQ with an AUM of $2.52 billion.
Institutional Crypto Buying to Continue in 2022 Amid Inflation Fears
During his recent interview with Forbes, FTX exchange founder Sam Bankman-Fried said that he expects institutional crypto buying to continue strongly in 2022. This will be predominantly driven by greater regulatory clarity as well as the rising inflation fears, said SBF. In his interview, the FTX founder noted:
The things that make me optimistic basically are more regulatory clarity in the US and globally which I think could help a ton on institutional adoption. A lot of it depends on exactly what happens on the regulatory front as well.
He further added: “Basically every large financial institution I’ve talked to, every large bank, every large investment bank, pension funds, they’re all eyeing this sector.”
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?