Vueling S.A., European low-cost airline in Spain, has sealed partnership with American bitcoin payment service provider Bitpay to offer its customers the opportunity to make payments for tickets via cryptocurrency.
Vueling S.A. will utilise UATP for payment processing
The crypto payment option is expected to be made available at the start of 2023 to individuals only. Upon its availability, it would make Vueling the first low-cost airline in the whole of Europe to offer payment via crypto option to its customers.
The travel payment solution Universal Air Travel Plan (UATP) will be utilised for this payment method in order to ensure a seamless payment processing exercise. UATP generally provides payment solutions to airlines in the global scene.
In order to reduce incidence of fraud via this novel payment method, Vueling has revealed that the transaction would have the nature of a push payment rather than a pull payment. This means that customers would pay directly from their Crypto wallets by originating the transaction themselves.
Furthermore, prices for tickets would be displayed in EUR and users would have the liberty of paying the equivalence of any of 13 cryptocurrencies including but not limited to Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Litecoin (LTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
airBaltic became the first airline to accept crypto
While Vueling S.A. would be the first low-cost European airline to accept Crypto payment, it wouldn’t be the first airline to toe this line as just last month, Dubai-based air company Emirates Airline revealed plans of accepting payments for tickets in Bitcoin (BTC) soon.
UK-based travel company Alternative Airlines has for some time given its customers in the global scene the ability to pay for flight tickets using Bitcoin through any of the two crypto payment providers Utrust and crypto.com.
Nonetheless, acceptance of Crypto as payment for flight tickets began with Latvian air carrier airBaltic when the airline made a decision to accept payment via Crypto in 2014, making it the first ever air company to do so. Others have since followed suit, especially with the growing interest in cryptocurrencies and mainstream adoption noticed.
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077