Ever since the timeline of Ethereum Merge became unpredictable over recent past, miners found it difficult to run their operations. In fact, the all-important ‘difficulty bomb’ in the merge has been postponed multiple times in the past by the developers.
This made life difficult for operators in Ethereum mining. The difficulty bomb is a piece of code in the Ethereum protocol that is designed to periodically increase the difficulty of mining ETH.
Since 2017, the implementation has been postponed for as many as six times. Most recently, the next schedule for difficulty bomb was set for August.
Ethereum Mining Less Profitable
Meanwhile, ETH hash rate decreased by 10% since April, making it less rewarding for mining operators. According to data from CryptoQuant, the Ethereum hash rate took a beat by 10% as profits declined in the recent times.
“The triple toxic mix of reduced income, increased operating costs, and the impending merge has caused some miners to stop their mining operations.”
This phenomenon could extend to the near future if the prices drop even further, as speculated. ETH price saw a bottom of $900 level recently from a price range of $3,500 only three months ago.
The Ethereum merge is a much-awaited update on the network. The merge standardizes a new proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus mechanism that changes the existing proof-of-work (PoW) mechanism. In this, miners discover new blocks and then integrate them to the blockchain.
Ethereum Price Trend In Short Term
As of writing, Ethereum is trading at $1,142.18, up 5.20% in the last 24 hours, according to CoinMarketCap. In a significant indicator of traders anticipating further price decline, the net deposits on exchanges are low compared to the 7-day average. Also, lower deposits can be interpreted as a lower selling pressure.
Additionally, the ETH fear and greed index is on extreme fear levels. This could mean there is widespread expectation that Ethereum price could fall further.
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077