While the second quarter of Ethereum application users was not such an active one, the wave of DeFi (Decentralized Finance) has brought in more than 310,000 new users.
MakerDao and Nest Are The Leading Defi Apps
DeFi applications have contributed more than 2.275 million Ethers in the third quarter. Also, these applications account for more than 58% of all Ethereum applications. The former’s revenue has exceeded more than $525 million in the quarter, with decentralized financial applications in Ethereum accounting for total financial transactions. Leading DeFi apps on Ethereum include MakerDao and Nest.
MakerDAO is a decentralized credit platform on Ethereum that supports Dai, a stablecoin pegged to USD. As of March 2019, only ETH can be used as collateral. A planned upgrade to Multi-Collateral Dai is likely to add support for other assets.
Whereas the Nest dApp supports mutual mortgage lending between mainstream Ethereum assets such as Ethereum(ETH), Tether(USDT), Maker Dao(MKR), DAI, Basic Attention Token (BAT), Omise Go(OMG), and the LOOM token.
Q3 Witnessed More than 500,000 New Users
Also, Q3 saw more than 500,000 new users who started using decentralized applications. Of which more than 138,000 (27.6%) of them started using financial services applications, and 170,000 ( 34%) of them still entered the application field due to gambling applications.
Drop-in dApp Transaction Volume
Also, a recent report by decentralized app platform dapp.com released a few days back found that dapp transaction volume has dropped on major blockchain ecosystems by almost 40 percent compared to last quarter. The figures have plummeted from $3.28 billion to $2.03 billion, despite huge growth in the decentralized finance (DeFi) industry.
The report analyzed six major blockchains. These included Ethereum, EOS, TRON, Steem, TomoChain, and IOST. Reportedly, these blockchains have the most active users in the market.
The report revealed that 150 dApps were launched in Q3 which is far less than the average amount of dApps released every month during the first half of the year- 165 apps per month.
Will DeFi continue to have the same success in Q4? Let us know, what you think in the comments below!
- Breaking: Binance Reportedly Under CFTC Investigation For Insider Trading
- S.Korea Crypto Crackdown: 60 Crypto Exchanges to Shut Down Due to This Reason
- Binance Plans to Revamp Regulatory Relations With Centralized Headquarters
- Breaking: Indian Crypto Exchange Eyes $2 Billion Valuation With a16z Backing
- Miami Becomes First City to Approve a Native Crypto, Here’s How It Would Be Used
- Ethereum Token Burn: Is there a Timeline to See its Impact on Price?
- XRP Price Analysis: XRP Consolidates Above $1 For The Longest Time In History, What’s Next?
- ETH Price Analysis: Can Ethereum Regain Supremacy Over Layer 2 Solution?
- Dopamine App Brings Vast Crypto Tracking Under One Roof
- Pooshi Coin is launching today! What you need to know