While the second quarter of Ethereum application users was not such an active one, the wave of DeFi (Decentralized Finance) has brought in more than 310,000 new users.
MakerDao and Nest Are The Leading Defi Apps
DeFi applications have contributed more than 2.275 million Ethers in the third quarter. Also, these applications account for more than 58% of all Ethereum applications. The former’s revenue has exceeded more than $525 million in the quarter, with decentralized financial applications in Ethereum accounting for total financial transactions. Leading DeFi apps on Ethereum include MakerDao and Nest.
MakerDAO is a decentralized credit platform on Ethereum that supports Dai, a stablecoin pegged to USD. As of March 2019, only ETH can be used as collateral. A planned upgrade to Multi-Collateral Dai is likely to add support for other assets.
Whereas the Nest dApp supports mutual mortgage lending between mainstream Ethereum assets such as Ethereum(ETH), Tether(USDT), Maker Dao(MKR), DAI, Basic Attention Token (BAT), Omise Go(OMG), and the LOOM token.
Q3 Witnessed More than 500,000 New Users
Also, Q3 saw more than 500,000 new users who started using decentralized applications. Of which more than 138,000 (27.6%) of them started using financial services applications, and 170,000 ( 34%) of them still entered the application field due to gambling applications.
Drop-in dApp Transaction Volume
Also, a recent report by decentralized app platform dapp.com released a few days back found that dapp transaction volume has dropped on major blockchain ecosystems by almost 40 percent compared to last quarter. The figures have plummeted from $3.28 billion to $2.03 billion, despite huge growth in the decentralized finance (DeFi) industry.
The report analyzed six major blockchains. These included Ethereum, EOS, TRON, Steem, TomoChain, and IOST. Reportedly, these blockchains have the most active users in the market.
The report revealed that 150 dApps were launched in Q3 which is far less than the average amount of dApps released every month during the first half of the year- 165 apps per month.
Will DeFi continue to have the same success in Q4? Let us know, what you think in the comments below!
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?