While investors have been carefully observing the recent comeback of Ethereum (ETH), it isn’t prudent to miss out on the rally in the DeFi space. Over the last week, the DeFi market has resumed its northward trajectory once again.
As we can see from the below chart, the DeFi market has added more than $15 billion in the last seven. The overall DeFi market cap has surged closer to $80 billion.
Some of the top-performing DeFi coins contributing to this comeback are Aave (AAVE), Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI), Synthetix (SNX), etc. Big market players like Aave and Compound have initiated some major steps to bring institutional players to the DeFi space. As per on-chain data provider Santiment, a majority of the DeFi coins are showing a strong uptick in the address activity.
Compund Unveils ‘Treasury’, Aave Introduces Aave Pro
As said, Defi firms are now taking efforts to bring institutional players to the DeFi space. Last week, Compound Labs announced its new ‘Treasury’ division in partnership with Fireblocks and USDC-stablecoin issuer Circle. This service allows neobanks and FinTech firms to convert the U.S. Dollars to stablecoin USDC and earn a fixed interest of 4% a year.
This service directly targets the businesses of traditional banks discouraging investors to put money in saving accounts or other low-fixed-rate investment vehicles. The result was that COMP price has shot more than 50% over the last week witnessing its biggest address activity spike in 2 months.
On the other hand, Aave protocol makes a similar attempt. The DeFi lending protocol has introduced a new permissionless platform “Aave Pro” in partnership with Fireblocks. The Aave Pro platform will initially support four assets – Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Aave (AAVE) and USD Coin (USDC).
The platform aims to serve “institutions, FinTechs, and corporates” wherein Fireblocks will serve as the crypto custodian. The price of AAVE has surged more than 25% over the last week. At press time, AAVE is trading at a price of $316 with a market cap of $4.07 billion.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?