Major Ethereum whales may have traded on insider information before FTX announced an expansion into Canada on Friday, on-chain data shows.
“BlueWhale0016” adds 33 mln FTX Tokens
According to the whale transaction tracker WhaleStats, a Wallet address named “BlueWhale0116″’ single handedly added $782.6 million worth of FTX tokens. This acquisition added over 33 million FTT tokens in just 2 transactions. The wallet added $462.7 million worth of FTX tokens in the biggest transactions.
“BlueWhale0116” added another $319.9 million worth of FTT tokens in the second transaction. As of now, the wallet address is holding around $472 million worth of FTX tokens. Meanwhile, other Whale wallets named “Bonobo” and “BlueWhale0079″ added 3 million FTT tokens (approx worth $142 million) each.
It is important to note that these transactions took place before the deal was announced. Since then the token price jumped by over 4%. The FTT token is trading at an average price of $24.46, at the press time. However, the FTX prices have slumped by around 13% in the past 7 days. It is still holding a market cap of around $3.32 billion.
FTT slips Shiba Inu
The whale transactions have helped FTT to flip the Shiba Inu token as the biggest coin held by the top ETH whales by the dollar value. As per the data, top whales are holding around $762 million worth of FTX tokens.
One of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, FTX is obtaining Bitvo Inc. It is reported that the Canadian crypto exchange is regulated by all 13 commissions of the nations. This move has landed amid increased volatility in the global cryptocurrency market. The cumulative crypto cap has declined to stand at $900 billion.
However, the terms of the acquisition haven’t been revealed by FTX or Bitvo. Meanwhile, it is expected to close by the third quarter of this year within the view of pending regulatory approval.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26