Ethereum-based DeFi protocol Saddle Finance lost about $10 million in a flash loan attack on Saturday, data from blockchain security firm Peck Shield showed.
Decentralized Finance (DeFi) popularity and flash loans attack on it are directly proportional to each other. As DeFi platforms have gained traction in the past few years, the hacks around it have also increased in numbers.
$3.8 million worth of stolen funds secured
It is being reported that the total profit of the Flashloan attack was around $10.2 million. The wallet address involved in the hack shows multiple transactions. The transaction shows that around $2.9 million USDC was swapped for sUSD. While $318k and $343K worth of DAI and USDT were swapped on Curve finance, respectively. In addition, $1.6 million USDC was swapped for 557 Ethereum (ETH).
Saddle Finance responded to the attack and informed that their team is investigating the exploit. They have discovered that the problem lies with an exploit in sUSD. Till further notice Saddle has paused the metapools. While single asset withdrawals are restricted however the balanced pool withdrawals are still live.
Earlier, Saddle Finance mentioned that white hat hackers were able to secure around $3.8 million of the stolen fund. They are in the process of getting the return.
Flash loan attacks are on rising
Flash loan attacks are some of the most repeated kinds of that DeFi platform witnesses. These attacks are considered the cheapest to pull off as it is like a very quick pump and dump scheme. Recently, the unknown hackers managed to steal around $180 million worth of digital assets from a DeFi project, Beanstalk Farm.
It is reported that this attack was the 4th largest exploit to involve a flash attack. The stolen fund was taken out from the protocol in the form of Ethereum (ETH), BEAN stablecoin and other assets. Peckshield informed that the attackers took some $80 million from the project while reaming fund was used to pay various fees of the exchanges and loan services.
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Robinhood Now Supports Web3 Wallets And NFTs
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?