Fold, a popular Bitcoin reward app has raised $13 million in a Series A funding round. The funding round was led by Craft Ventures with participation from M13, Slow Ventures, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Fold offers its customers rewards in Bitcoin against card payments instead of traditional points, airplane miles, or cash rewards.
Fold CEO, Will Reeves said,
“We’ve pioneered bitcoin rewards to make bitcoin accessible to everyone. Between the appreciation of bitcoin and our generous rewards, people have earned more money in their Fold rewards account over the last few months than they have in the savings accounts they’ve been building for years,”
The popular Bitcoin reward app was launched back in 2019 and since then more than 250,000 customers have been on the waiting list. Currently, 20,000 people who participated in the early access program are availing the Bitcoin debit card service with bitcoin rewards, and these 20,000 uses have transacted over $100 million since the launch of the Debit card in November 2020.
Fold Aims to Launch Bitcoin Credit Card by Second Half of 2021
The firm will utilize the newly raised capital to expand its Bitcoin reward system to all US customers using a credit card or debit card. The Fold App also aims to launch a Bitcoin credit card quite similar to its debit card offering by the second half of this year.
Fold has become quite popular for its Bitcoin rewards over traditional reward on debit card expenditures and since its launch, it has offered bitcoin rewards to over 100,000 unique users.
Crypto rewards have become quite popular among users and many other crypto platforms and exchanges are increasingly partnering with different debit and credit card networks to offer such rewards. The most recent being Gemini Exchange that partnered with MasterCard to offer crypto rewards to millions of users.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support