As reporter by CNBC sources Goldman Sachs has started trading Bitcoin Futures in partnership with Mike Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital. The news is big as it opens doors to Bitcoin trading for major banking clients like hedge funds, pensions, family businesses etc.
How Will it Boost Institutional Adoption?
Banking support is very crucial for Bitcoin’s adoption as it provides various institutions a trusted mechanism to invest and trade. Not only this, investors will now be able to utilize derivative, arbitrage opportunities and bitcoin structured notes. According to Damien Vanderwilt, a formed Galaxy partner who joined Galaxy last year, said,
“The more activity that moves into the institutional community, the less volatility there will be.”
He believes that more and more institutional involvement will make Bitcoin less volatile and make is safer for retail investors. The step by Goldman is expected to be followed by all other major banks as clients demand bitcoin based investment options more than ever.
This marks the official beginning of Bitcoin on wall street as more & more institutions like hedge funds, Venture capitalist firms can take a position on Bitcoin. Goldman is relying on Galaxy digital as traditional banking industry is heavily regulated while Bitcoin is still in a grey area.
Recently, Coingape reported formation of a separate cryptocurrency team by Goldman Sachs in their employee memo. The particular choice of Digital Galaxy can be attributed to the fact that major high rank positions at Digital Galaxy are taken by ex-Goldman Sachs executives.
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?