Institutional crypto fund Grayscale has reached a record high in terms of assets under management as institutions fuel the Bitcoin bull run.
Grayscale has been loading up on digital assets, increasing its AUM as prices continue to climb. This latest milestone has seen that figure hit $7.3 billion as $300 million gets added in one day alone.
Grayscale adds $300m in AUM in one day, hits a new high of $7.3b of total assets under management. pic.twitter.com/8OeGdCuXUD
— unfolded. (@cryptounfolded) October 23, 2020
The Bitcoin Trust is the largest fund that the firm manages, it currently holds just over $6 billion, or around 82% of the total. The Ethereum trust is the second largest at $942 million, or roughly 13% of the total.
The rest of the firm’s crypto trusts are small holdings of altcoins including Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, Zcash, and XRP.
The flagship Bitcoin Trust is now larger than the sum of all trusts were just a fortnight ago which is a testament to how much Grayscale is gobbling up.
Billionaire Investor Big on Bitcoin
Other institutional investors are also paying attention, including billionaire hedge fund manager Paul Tudor Jones who added Bitcoin to his portfolio back in May.
“I like bitcoin even more now than I did then. I think we are in the first inning of bitcoin and it’s got a long way to go,”
The founder and chief investment officer of Tudor Investment Corporation also compared investing in Bitcoin to putting money behind some of the world’s tech giants.
“Bitcoin has this enormous contingence of really, really smart and sophisticated people who believe in it. It’s like investing with Steve Jobs and Apple or investing in Google early.”
Industry observers have suggested that with so few people investing in Bitcoin, it is more akin to putting money behind Microsoft in the 1980s.
Bitcoin Price Outlook
If the correction continues it could move back to support at the 50 hour moving average around $12,750 before any further upside momentum develops. In terms of resistance, BTC needs to break previous highs of $13,200 before topping the 2019 high of $13,800.
Once that happens, the next target is $16k before reaching all-time high at $20k.
- Just In: Bitcoin Maximalist Jack Dorsey Left Twitter Board, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Portugal Takes U-Turn On Crypto Taxation
- Ethereum L2 Protocol StarkWare Raises $100 Million At $8 Billion Valuation
- Just In: Polygon Launches Huge Fund For Terra Migration, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Andreessen Horowitz Launches $4.5 Billion Crypto Fund Amid Market Crash
- Why Banning Crypto Mining Is Almost Impossible?
- Will S. Korean Exchanges Relist LUNA? Rumors Claim Terra Founder Reaching Out To Exchanges
- Breaking: Binance “Working Closely” With Terra On Recovery Plan
- Breaking: Terra 2.0 Plan Officially Approved, Testnet Goes Live
- Do Kwon’s Terra 2.0 Plan Rejected By S.Korean Crypto Exchanges
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout