After Grayscale Bitcoin Trust became an SEC reporting company back in January, the Grayscale Ethereum Trust followed the footsteps of the Bitcoin Trust and filed to become an SEC reporting company.
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission [SEC] has been an essential part of the crypto ecosystem. Even though the crypto industry upholds decentralization and isn’t really governed by a specific entity, several members of the community have realized the importance of regulations. While many prominent crypto platforms have extended support to the SEC, Grayscale is the latest one to join the bandwagon.
Barry Silbert, the Founder, and CEO of Digital Currency Group [DCG] took to Twitter to announce that the Grayscale Ethereum Trust had filed to become a reporting company for the SEC. Describing the latest move a milestone for the company, Silbert tweeted,
— Barry Silbert (@barrysilbert) August 6, 2020
Previously, the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust had applied to become an SEC reporting company, which would further make Grayscale Ethereum Trust, the second platform to do so. The platform’s latest move was fueled by the funds brought in by ETH into Grayscale. As per the platform’s blog post, the quarterly inflows that the Ethereum Trust brought into Grayscale were $135.2 million which was about 15 percent of the total inflows during the last quarter.
Grayscale revealed that it had publicly filed a Registration Statement on Form 10 with the SEC. The post further read,
“This is a voluntary filing that, if it becomes effective, would designate the Trust as an SEC reporting company and register its shares pursuant to Section 12(g) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.”
Almost every platform in the crypto-verse comes under the purview and scrutiny of the SEC, despite this, several entities have not registered with the SEC. The Grayscale Ethereum Trust aims to lure in more institutional investors with its latest move.
Soon after the latest filing is approved, the Grayscale Ethereum Trust would be required to file its quarterly as well as annual reports and audited financial statements with the SEC, along with other essential reports.
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?