The cryptocurrency market registered a sharp correction earlier today where the top-10 cryptocurrencies lost 7-10% of their market cap within minutes. The market correction led to nearly $300 billion getting whipped off the crypto market as its valuation fell from $3 trillion to $2.65 trillion at the time of writing. This is the second flash crash in two weeks despite many market pundits predicting November to be a bullish month.
Bitcoin (BTC) wiped off the majority of its gains from November as the price of the top cryptocurrency fell to near $60K. The top cryptocurrency was trading above $66K in the morning before recording a weekly low of $60,583. As visible on the monthly candle, the market sell-off has turned it red from green.
Apart from BTC major altcoins including Ether registered a steeper decline in price as ETH fell to a daily low of $4,271. However, ETH’s monthly chart still has a green candle thanks to its mammoth rise this month, rising from just under $4K to set several new ATHs.
Apart from the stablecoins, the majority of the volatile crypto market bled in red and wiped off major gains from the month of November. Nearly $500 million worth of leveraged positions also got liquidated.
Did Passing of $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill Lead to the Market Wipe-Off?
The traditional financial market is suffering due to high inflation caused by overprinting by the feds, but governments continue to print more money to restrict the damages caused by the printing of money. Many believe the sudden decline in the crypto market came because of the approval of the controversial infrastructure bill that turned into law earlier today.
The crypto taxation part in particular divided the senate at the time of discussion, where those who are not well versed with a decentralized market called for a total surveillance system and impossible tax reporting demands, while a few Republican senators opposed it tooth and nail and suggested for a more inclusive law.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?