Terra’s TVL surges 17% within 7 days to hit $31 Billion. The Terra (LUNA) decentralized finance (DeFi) ecosystem has been a hub of activity recently. In the last seven days, the total value locked (TVL) of Terra’s DeFi ecosystem surged 17% to reach a new all-time high of a whopping $31 billion.
Terra plays for all-round DeFi dominance
Img Source: DefiLama
Individually, Terra’s DeFi protocols have been having an impressive run. Anchor Protocol (ANC) grew to become the biggest lending protocol in the blockchain industry during the period, surpassing the Ethereum-based Aave (AAVE). Anchor Protocol’s TVL sits at around $15.73 billion as it has attracted deposits with its high APR of 20%.
Also driving Terra’s TVL surge is its flagship dollar-pegged algorithmic stablecoin, Terra USD (UST). Terra has adopted Bitcoin as a reserve currency for the stablecoin. LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) has acquired over $1.4 billion worth of Bitcoin in a short period. LFG has the lofty target of owing $10 billion worth of Bitcoin in the long term.
Do Kwon, the founder of Terra and CEO of Terraform Labs (TFL), has revealed that he envisions UST becoming the de facto decentralized stablecoin across the entire crypto industry.
The goal is not to become the largest stablecoin on the Terra blockchain, so we expand to say the Solana, Avalanche, Ethereum, and Polygon ecosystems. We plan to be everywhere where there are developers and users, he said in a recent interview.
Consequently, the serial blockchain entrepreneur has recently revealed a new liquidity pool on the Ethereum-based exchange liquidity pool, Curve. Named the 4pool, it is composed of UST, FRAX, USDC, and USDT as noted by a blog post by Ezaan, a member of TFL. By allying with Frax, Terra hopes to gain a competitive edge over DAI.
LUNA surges to new ATH
The native token of the Terra blockchain, LUNA, has been a beneficiary of the growing DeFi ecosystem dominance. LUNA hit a new ATH of $117.91 yesterday according to CoinMarketCap.
LUNA is currently trading at around $114, down 1.61% in the last 24 hours. However, it is up 19.5% in the last week.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?