Kraken is one of the first and prominent crypto exchange that offers margin trading to trade cryptocurrencies. Citing demand, the exchange has gradually expanded its product with a variety of crypto coins and has recently extended margin trading for XRP and BCH.
XRP and BCH could see rising volumes on Kraken
Exchanges usually provide margin trading option only with cryptocurrencies which are in demand and are extremely liquid. Citing the rising demand for XRP and BCH (post forking) in the recent rally, Kraken has announced expanding margin trading option for two coins.
The announcement reveals the leverage amount available and borrowing limits against pairs for both these coins which are as follows:
Leverage amounts available:
- BCH/XBT – 2x
- BCH/USD – 2x, 3x
- BCH/EUR – 2x, 3x
- XRP/XBT – 2x, 3x
- XRP/USD – 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x
- XRP/EUR – 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x
Borrow limits available:
The borrow limits depend on the verification level of a user’s account.
Bitcoin Cash: Tier 1: 1 BCH, Tier 2: 5 BCH, Tier 3: 50 BCH, Tier 4: 500 BCH
Ripple: Tier 1: 5,000 XRP, Tier 2: 25,000 XRP, Tier 3: 250,000 XRP, Tier 4: 2,500,000 XRP
Kraken plans to charge a brokerage of Margin open fee = 0.02% and a Rollover fee = 0.02% / 4 Hrs
This addition expands the company’s margin offering to eight (8) assets, which already includes: Bitcoin (XBT), Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Augur (REP), Monero (XMR), and Tether (USDT).
Margin trading is a double-edged sword, which on one end has the potential of an exponential increase in earnings, while on the other, it is extremely risky. A product for experienced traders, margin trading is often associated with the increase in volumes of a cryptocurrency. It also brings inexperienced traders and an additional line of revenue for the exchanges to earn interest on the money they lend out to margin traders.
Kraken, which anyway is the biggest exchange in terms of EUR volume, may further boost the volumes for XRP and BCH in days to come. Whether one would see these volumes getting converted into positive upticks for coins is something that traders will definitely watch out for.
Will Kraken’s margin trading addition help BCH and XRP prices to rise? Do let us know your views on the same.
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000