New York City’s mayor-elect Eric Adams is taking fast and bold measures in turning around the place as a new crypto hub. Looks like the incoming mayor of NYC is getting his actions in line and planning to bring a dedicated city-based token NYCCoin.
Last week, New York City mayor-elect Eric Adams entered into a healthy competition with Miami Mayor Francis Suarez. Adams praised Miami’s approach towards crypto and its efforts into launching the MiamiCoin.
Working on similar lines, the NYC mayor plans to launch their native cryptocurrency NYCCoin. CityCoins, which works on the Stacks protocol has decided to develop the token. CityCoins has previously worked with the city of Miami in launching its native crypto.
The successful launch has also helped the city to generate $10 million in revenue for Miami City. Speaking to Bloomberg, Patrick Stanley, a CityCoins community lead, said:
“We voted on what city should be next”. After Mayor Adams spoke last week, “the community to decided to activate New York.”
The mining for NYCCoin will kick off starting Wednesday, November 10. Stanley said: “Every 10 minutes the city earns money for the sheer fact that NYCCoin exists. The wallet will get filled with Stacks and they can spend the Stacks or the yield the Stacks generate”. Mayor-Elect Eric Adams also welcomed this latest move and their entry to Web 3.0.
We're glad to welcome you to the global home of Web3! We're counting on tech and innovation to help drive our city forward. https://t.co/SY9pv1Ebct
— Eric Adams (@ericadamsfornyc) November 8, 2021
NYC Mayor to Accept First Three Paychecks in Bitcoin (BTC)
Last week, Eric Admas took the crypto world by storm with his pro-crypto moves. Adams joined the list of politicians showing his willingness to accept his paychecks in Bitcoin (BTC). It first started with Miami mayor Francis Suarez who declared accepting his next paycheck 100% in Bitcoin.
Going further and beyond, NYC mayor-elect Eric Adams announced that he will accept the next three paychecks in Bitcoin. Besides, he also promised to make the city a crypto hub creating job opportunities in this flourishing industry. In his interview with Bloomberg, Adams said:
I’m going to promise you in one year, you’re going to see a different city. We’re going to bring businesses here. We’re going to become the center of life science, the center of cybersecurity, the center of self-driving cars and drones, the center of bitcoins, the center of all the technology.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?