British financial technology Revolut has received in-principle approval (IPA) from the Monetary Authority of Singapore to operate fully regulated cryptocurrency services in the country under the Payment Services Act, the company said on Wednesday.
The crypto company is currently awaiting approval for permanent registration with the Financial Conduct Authority after it received temporary licenses from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to continue operating in the UK.
Revolut Receives Crypto Services License from the MAS
12 crypto assets companies including digital bank Revolut and crypto custody firm Copper Technologies, which received temporary licenses from the FCA, have warned of closing operations in the UK and expanding elsewhere.
Copper Technologies have already started expanding operations in Switzerland. Recently, the crypto custody firm hired five Bank of America’s crypto brokerage executives to lead the new team in Switzerland.
Revolut has now received IPA which allows the company to provide digital payment token (DPT) services under the Major Payment Institution (MPI) license. Customers in Singapore can now buy, sell and hold cryptocurrency in the Revolut app. Moreover, Revolut will allow partner merchants to accept cryptocurrency as payment.
Besides Revolut, global cryptocurrency company Luno also received in-principle approval (IPA) from the Monetary Authority of Singapore. The company provides services and products to buy, store and trade cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and altcoins in over 40 countries.
Luno’s global expansion manager and Singapore country manager, Sherry Goh, said:
“With this IPA, we hope to instil greater trust and confidence in the market, so that customers can continue to trust and use our platform safely and securely.”
Ravi Menon, managing director of MAS, claims that only major crypto asset service providers are approved for a license. In fact, the ability to manage risks such as money laundering, terrorism financing, technology risks, and public retail access are major criteria for selection.
Revolut Seeks Massive Expansion
Despite uncertainty from the FCA, digital banking platform Revolut plans to expand into decentralized cryptocurrency wallets and the mortgage sector. Moreover, the company pushes ahead with its strategy to become a “superapp” in the crypto space.
Revolut is expanding rapidly around the globe, with the latest partnership with Cross River Bank in the U.S. to offer consumer lending, including credit and personal loans for customers.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000