The crucial lawsuit between US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Ripple is awaiting a decision over Hinman’s Speech. However, Attorney John Deaton has hinted that resolution over it might come by the end of this week.
Will court accept commission’s assertion?
Judge Netburn is yet to decide whether the Hinman emails and related documents come under the SEC’s proposed attorney-client privilege. While Judge Torres has to decide over the SEC’s motion to seal its opposition to XRP holders’ lawyer request to file an amicus brief. This is related to the agency’s expert witness Patrick Doody.
Eleanor Terrett, Journalist at Fox Business reported that John Deaton has informed her that decision over mentioned matters can come by this weekend. Resolution over Hinman’s speech can prove to be a big breakthrough in this long running case. SEC’s multiple assertions over the speech and its related memos have already caused much delay in the proceeding of the case.
Judge asks SEC to file proposed redaction
Meanwhile, Judge Analisa Torres has announced her response regarding the Defendants’ motion against SEC. However, the court has asked the watchdog to file a proposed redaction to Ripple’s reply. In a letter, the Judge mentioned that the court has reviewed the Defendants’ response to the SEC’s opposition brief. It added that their letter concerning the sealing of that response has also been evaluated.
Ripple’s Christian Larsen and Brad Garlinghouse, stated that they want to file their entire reply on the public docket. However, they filed it under seal due to the court’s pending ruling on the commission’s motion to seal.
Attorney James Filan in a Twitter thread informed that Judge Torres in her response has given the SEC a chance to propose its own redactions against the Defendants by June 23, 2022. The court has also asked the commission to file a letter explaining its proposal. Meanwhile, Filan highlights that the court wants to see what the authority wants to be redact and then rule according to it.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?