Terra’s revival plan will abandon the UST stablecoin entirely from the new blockchain, which is set to launch this week.
But the new blockchain, Terra 2.0, will also exclude three wallets that played a critical role in the original chain.
A tweet from Terra’s official Twitter account confirms that Terraform Labs (TFL), the Luna Foundation Guard (LFG) and the old community pool will be excluded from Terra 2.0.
Specifically, the wallets will not be privy to the airdrop of new LUNA tokens that is set to take place this week.
Terra 2.0 to be community owned
The exclusion comes in line with statements from founder Do Kwon that Terra 2.0 will be entirely community-owned and operated. TFL and LFG were the founders and heads of Terra Classic, and may likely remain so.
TFL’s wallet (terra1dp0taj85ruc299rkdvzp4z5pfg6z6swaed74e6), LFG’s wallet (terra1gr0xesnseevzt3h4nxr64sh5gk4dwrwgszx3nw) and the distribution module where the Community Pool lives (terra1jv65s3grqf6v6jl3dp4t6c9t9rk99cd8pm7utl) will be removed in the airdrop whitelist.
-Terra said in a tweet
The move indicates that Kwon, TFL and LFG will no longer play any role in Terra governance. It may also be part of a “kill switch” protocol put in place by TFL.
During a 2021 interview, Kwon said that if TFL were to be in a position where it could not “best serve the community,” it would move to cut all ties with the blockchain.
Voting on the Terra 2.0 proposal closed on Wednesday, with 65.5% of holders in support of the move. An airdrop of new LUNA tokens, coupled with the launch of the chain, is set to occur this week.
Kwon faces growing scrutiny over crash
While the execution of Terra’s revival plan is a step towards recovery, Kwon and TFL are largely being held responsible for the crash by the community.
About $30 billion of investor money was wiped out in the crash, as UST’s mechanism failed to support the dollar peg. Kwon and TFL are facing a government investigation in South Korea, as well as a lawsuit.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?