The largest stablecoin in the cryptocurrency world scared the already panicked market when its lost its dollar pegged value. It went down to slip as low as $0.9455 cents. However, it has now recovered to trade at the price of $0.993, at the press time.
Meanwhile, the Tether organisation issued a statement amid the recovery.
USDT recovers to $1
The notice mentioned that they have provided stability amid some expected market panic. Tether has kept up the redemption normally. The verified customers have been able to redeem USDT on the platform for $1. It added that Tether has allowed more than 300 million USDT redemptions in the last 24 hours. While it is still processing over 2 billion today and that too without any issue.
USDT is still 0.45% down in the past 24 hours. However, its 24 hours trading volume has surged by 10% to $171.05 Billion. Tether asserted that they have managed to maintain stability in the much volatile market and have proved to provide service for all of its customers.
Tether CTO gives suggestion over LUNA crash
In an interview with Scott Melker, Paolo Ardoino, Tether CTO answered some questions about the ongoing trouble and de-pegging of the USDT.
Ardoino said that their portfolio is extremely solid and de-pegging won’t happen. People can redeem it at any time. we never refuse one single redemption in the history of the Tether.
He mentioned that they go on a weekly basis stress test. It also includes data from the 2008 crisis which makes them ready for every situation.
On being asked about the recovery from the LUNA crash, he said that it is a tough call. I think that if they are able to explain what happened and in order to regain confidence in market they need to grow organically and slow.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000