Ukraine finally became a member of the European Blockchain Partnership (EBP). Alexander Bornyakov, Deputy Minister of Ukrainian Digital Transformation for IT Development took part in the meeting with all other EBP member countries as an observer.
Ukraine aims to integrate digital economics
Many lawmakers in Kyiv have been urging the European Union (EU) to do so for a long time. However, this move makes Ukraine the second country outside the EU to be a part of this group. Earlier, Norway was the only non-EU country to take part in the EBP. However, this big development has come amid the ongoing Russian invasion.
As per the release, the main goal of this project is to build the pan-European blockchain. This will lead to the integration of digital economics between the EU and Ukraine. However, the nation aims to expand its interstate blockchain network in partnership with other countries.
It added that a letter was sent to the President of the European Commission regarding the formation of a single blockchain infrastructure based on EBP. In response, Ukraine got the confirmation to join European Blockchain Partnership as an observer.
Big relief amid Russian invasion
Since Russia declared war on the nation, Ukraine increased its bid to join the EU to fetch support. As per reports, the country raised over $130 million in crypto from all over the world. In the month of March, “Aid for Ukraine” collected around $60 million in funds from the donors. However, the recent collapse of the global digital asset market has also devalued Ukraine’s raised funds.
Alexander Bornyakov said that the integration of the European Blockchain Partnership and Ukraine will strengthen the technology deployment in government services. This will also encourage a structured regulatory environment including the virtual assets market.
However, Ukraine’s accession to the project will also push the recognition of their nation’s refugees in Europe
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26