Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum has lashed out at the El Salvador government over their Bitcoin adoption. Buterin’s comments came during his interaction on Reddit where he targeted Bitcoin maximalists and said it’s very easy to impress them as all you need to do is praise BTC and they would be heels overhead. Buterin’s response came in regards to the role of President Nayib Bukele and why he shouldn’t be hailed as a hero. Buterin said,
“Simpler and dumber hypothesis: both for political reasons and because he’s a human being like the rest of us, he just loves being praised by people he considers powerful (ie. Americans). Bitcoin maximalists are a very easy community to get to praise you: you just have to be in a position of power and do or say nice things about them and their coin.”
El Salvador’s Bitcoin adoption as legal tender has met with different reactions from different people, the crypto community, in general, were quite elated and backed El Salvador to adopt $BTC, however, mainstream media and opposition groups continued to warn the small Central American nation of possible financial instability.
However, the Ethereum co-founder’s comments came as a shock to many. When asked whether he would have criticized Ethereum Maximalist if a country would choose ETH, Buterin pointed towards numerous occasions when he has been critical of Ethereum proponents.
Is Vitalik Correct in His Criticism?
El Salvador and President Bukele have faced a lot of backlash from the world over Bitcoin adoption, however, it is important to note that US Dollar is still a legal tender in the country and people have a choice between the two. The main concern lies with the overwhelming promotion of Bitcoin use by the President, which according to many outsiders is not right.
President Bukele on the other hand says that BTC adoption is no fluke and is being done to ensure the 70% unbanked population can get access to banking facilities via their mobile phone. El Salvador is also building clean Bitcoin mining rigs running on volcanic energy.
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?