Bitcoin’s ($BTC) price has seen a new bullish surge with the start of October. The top cryptocurrency has already recovered its losses from the past month and hit a new 5-month high above $56,000. Amid growing bullish price momentum institutions seem to be coming back to $BTC again and as per a recent JP Morgan note, these institutional investors are ditching gold for Bitcoin. The note also attributed the recent $BTC price rally to the assurance from the US that they have no plans of banning Bitcoin.
The major factor that is driving institutional investors away from Gold and towards Bitcoin is growing inflation in the market. JP Morgan believes institutional investors are looking at $BTC as a better inflation hedge at this point than gold.
“The re-emergence of inflation concerns among investors has renewed interest in the usage of bitcoin as an inflation hedge,” JPMorgan said. “Institutional investors appear to be returning to bitcoin perhaps seeing it as a better inflation hedge than gold.”
While market analysts are bold on their $100K BTC price prediction at the end of the year, JP Morgan’s note about Bitcoin only reinforces top cryptocurrencies growing demand in the market.
Bitcoin Eyes New ATH in Final Quarter of 2021
Bitcoin is currently 17% down from its ATH of $64,683 set in April earlier this year. Bitcoin reached a short-term market top in April following which the price of the top cryptocurrency fell by more than 50% in May and June and now it is gearing up for another first-quarter like a rally. The sentiments have turned bullish again and the number of wallets in profits has also reached a monthly high.
Bitcoin has thrived at times when the traditional market was in a downturn as seen during the first quarter which was also the peak when the Coronavirus crisis hit the peak. The financial market is looking fragile again with the Evergrande crisis ticking like a time bomb and this is one of the key reasons institutional investors are ditching Gold and other traditional hedges for Bitcoin.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support