Crypto market including large cap coins like Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) are facing bloodbath & prices have fallen by 10% and 13% over last week respectively. Things have turned worse for first crypto exchange IPO Coinbase as $COIN stock price has fallen by more than 11% over last month. But, why this Cathie Wood backed stock is getting hit hard?
Why Cathie Wood backed Coinbase ($COIN) stock price is dumping Hard?
As per reports, Coinbase officials including its directors, chief product officers and chief accounting officers are dumping millions worth of $COIN shares in the market. While the drop in price of $COIN can be largely attributed to ongoing crypto market bloodbath this large selling by Coinbase employees is also among major factor for sharp decline in prices.
Back in April 2021, Coinbase gifted each of its 1700 employees 100 shares each worth $56 million. At the end of first day of trading $COIN was trading at $328 and it reached at all time high price of $342 on Nov. 12th, 2021. Coinbase also announced a $1.5 billion private senior note offering in Sep. 2021.
Another key factor for the downfall of this once hyped stock is interference by SEC. Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong’s plans to capture Defi Lending market took a hit when SEC called it a security. SEC asked Coinbase to shut down their lending operations and Coinbase CEO took this to public in an official tweet.
So. over and all, not all is good in Coinbase camp as insiders selling amid crypto market dump and a close rivalry with SEC seems to be very negative sentiment for retail investors. Though Cathie Wood and her ARK investment still holds Coinbase ($COIN) shares it will be interesting to see her reaction to these reports of insider selling.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?