Binance exchange confirms expansion in the UK as it announces a tentative launch this summer. The platform will be regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). By August this year, it will allow conversion between crypto to pounds and euros.
It plans to add 65 cryptocurrencies on the platform. The US counterpart, Binance.US, has 34 cryptocurrencies with Catherine Coley leading there. The Binance team has appointed another women executive at the helm which represents a progressive culture. Teana Baker-Taylor, formally with HSBC and CMO of Coinfloor exchange has joined as the director of the UK branch. She told the media,
“As crypto services mature and evolve, we’re able to create new options to engage and capture interest from a wider audience with varying risk appetites, such as products that earn a yield for participation, like staking and passive savings,”
Binance is already a global exchange platform for crypto-to-crypto trading. The addition in specific countries implies fiat-to-cryptocurrency exchange. Currently, it facilitates direct FIAT to crypto exchange in Singapore, Korea, Uganda, Jersey and the United States.
Recently, Binance completed three years of its first whitepaper of the Binance [BNB] Coin and exchange in June 2017. CZ tweeted,
Feels like yesterday!
We raised $15m (USD equivalent) 3 years ago, have already burned $543m to date, and still a long way to go.
The addition of regulated crypto-to-FIAT is also a threat to the current leader in the space, Coinbase. The revelations of surveillance and coalition with the U.S. government hasn’t been well received in the crypto community. The increasing number of regulated alternatives to it is further threatening to Coinbase’s dominance, but positive for the entire industry.
Do you think Coinbase will be able to keep with tremendous growth in the industry competition? Please share your views with us.
- After Coinbase This Crypto Lender is Facing Regulatory Scrutiny in 3 US States
- XRP Lawsuit: Here’s Why Experts Think Ripple Could Win the Case Against SEC
- Kyrgyzstan Authorities Reveal over 500 Illegal Crypto Mining Farms
- Chinese Exchange Giant to halt expansion amid Crypto Crackdown in South Korea
- Breaking: Binance Reportedly Under CFTC Investigation For Insider Trading
- Ethereum Token Burn: Is there a Timeline to See its Impact on Price?
- XRP Price Analysis: XRP Consolidates Above $1 For The Longest Time In History, What’s Next?
- ETH Price Analysis: Can Ethereum Regain Supremacy Over Layer 2 Solution?
- Dopamine App Brings Vast Crypto Tracking Under One Roof
- Pooshi Coin is launching today! What you need to know