On one hand, Indian crypto exchanges continue to face the heat of regulatory uncertainty, while on the other hand, Coinbase is planning its aggressive expansion in India. On Friday, July 2, Brian Armstrong tweeted that Coinbase is setting up its office in India and ramping up its Indian team.
Coinbase is building out an office in India! 🇮🇳 Amazing team already in place – come join us.https://t.co/yCaJk681pZ
— Brian Armstrong (@brian_armstrong) July 2, 2021
Pankaj Gupta, VP Engineering and Site Lead for Coinbase India published a blog post on Friday, July 2, detailing the company’s strategy for Indian expansion. Interestingly, the Coinbase announcement comes just at a day when India’s oldest crypto exchange ZebPay announced that major payment gateways and banks have been withdrawing amid the recent comments coming from the Indian central bank.
The prolonged regulatory uncertainty concerning crypto assets in India has been frustrating for exchanges and investors alike. But Coinbase is still willing to swing through these muddy waters amid rapidly growing interest from cryptocurrencies among Indian investors. India’s crypto landscape has exploded ~20,000 times to now at a $40 billion market size.
Coinbase – Tapping Into India’s Tech Talent
In its blogpost, Coinbase noted that it is looking to leverage India’s booming crypto sector and tech talent. In the blogpost, President Gupta mentioned that Coinbase was committed to building a high-quality Indian tech-hub. Besides, Coinbase is actively looking for key acquisitions in the country. Gupta wrote:
“We have ambitious plans for this hub in the near future — we want to hire hundreds of world-class engineers in the near term. This team of engineers will be complemented by equally high-quality product and design teams, as well as support functions such as recruiting and HR to build out a sustainable, well-rounded tech hub.
To support our ambitious growth plans in India, we are also exploring startup acquisitions and acquihires. Founders who might be interested in joining Coinbase’s journey and mission, please contact me.”
Coinbase will be adopting an incentive model dubbed CIkka aka “Coinbase India Sikka” wherein each employee gets $1000 worth of crypto upon joining. Coinbase’s (NASDAQ: COIN) entry into India will play a major role in shaping the future of the Indian crypto market.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?