The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) expects to launch the pilot for its CBDC, latest by the first quarter of next year. According to comments by the central bank’s senior official at the State Bank of India’s Banking and Economic Conclave, RBI is bullish on taking off with the CBDC pilot by Q1 of 2022. However, he asserted that the process is complex and cannot possibly be launched in the blink of an eye. Especially, since the authorities believe that India’s CBDC could play the protagonist in further leading the country into web3 with the innovative and digitized financial systems, henceforth RBI is seeking to be thorough with its CBDC plan. While earlier this year, the RBI governor’s comments were gravitating towards a soft launch of India’s CBDC by December 2021, but with the latest update, the timeline has become clearer, despite the lack of an official confirmation from the authorities.
“I think somewhere it was said that at least by the first quarter of next year a pilot could be launched. So we are bullish on that…We are on the job and we are looking into the various issues and nuances related to CBDC. It’s not a simple thing to just say that CBDC can be a habit from tomorrow on”, the chief general manager at the Department of Payment & Settlement of the RBI, P. Vasudevan told the Business Standard newspaper. “The central bank is also checking if intermediaries can be bypassed altogether, and most importantly, checking if the technology should be decentralized or should be semi-centralised.”, Vasudevan added.
With CBDC advancement, is Crypto’s future dark in India?
As the RBI is undergoing the process of thoroughly examining its CBDC before the pilot launch, Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi’s exclusive remarks on crypto in India do not appear positive for the decentralized industry. At the Sydney Dialogue, while Modi discussed India’s success in the Digital sector and Artificial Intelligence, he also alerted all democratic countries to come together, ensuring Bitcoin and crypto-assets don’t end up in the wrong hands. According to several inside reports, the Indian government is seeking to regulate cryptocurrencies as an asset class and bar their use in the payment sector, and the PM’s latest comments only provide backing to these claims.
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?