Earlier today, at an event in New York City, Solana Labs CEO Anatoly Yakovenko disclosed the latest developments with the blockchain platform. Solana Mobile Stack was introduced which would also launch a new Android phone called “Saga”.
Solana’s Android Mobile Phone will be highly secured and decentralized
Solana Mobile, a new division of Solana Labs, introduced the Solana Mobile Stack today. It is an open source software toolkit for enabling native Android web3 apps on Solana. The new Solana Mobile Stack also saw the production of Saga, a flagship Android mobile phone.
Developers have been blocked for too long from creating truly decentralized mobile apps because the existing gatekeeper model just doesn’t work anymore
Said Anatoly Yakovenko, co-founder and CEO of Solana at the event.
Saga is reportedly an android mobile phone with unique functionality and features tightly integrated with Solana, The phone will feature a 6.6-inch display and 512 GB of storage as well as private key security measures built into the device.
Solana Mobile Stack (SMS) on the other hand provides a new set of libraries for wallets and apps, enabling developers to create rich mobile experiences on Solana, the self acclaimed “world’s most performant blockchain”. Solana Mobile Stack will also be running alongside Android.
Solana Founders on the Solana Mobile Stack
Raj Gokal, co-founder of Solana said Solana can radically change so much of what we do everyday, but the possibilities for decentralized apps on our mobile devices needs to be open for this milestone to be achieved.
We live our lives on our mobile devices – except for web3 because there hasn’t been a mobile-centric approach to private key management. The Solana Mobile Stack shows a new path forward on Solana that is open source, secure, optimized for web3, and easy to use.
Said Anatoly Yakovenko, co-founder of Solana.
Initial features of the Solana Mobile Stack SDK will include a mobile wallet adapter, seed vault, Solana pay for Android, and a Solana dApp store. Solana Foundation also announced today $10 million in ecosystem development grants for developers building on Solana Mobile Stack.
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Digital Asset Investment Products Saw Net Outflows of USD 423 Million Last Week, Sell on Rise?
- Bitcoin (BTC) Closes Below 200-WMA for the Third Consecutive Week, Time to Be Cautious?
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001