Tether’s CTO Paolo Ardoino on Monday said Tether (USDT) has survived short selling and redemptions amid the crypto market crash. Moreover, Paolo Ardoino believes Tether has always been more transparent about its reserves. Tether reserves are validated quarterly by accounting firm MHA.
In fact, Tether is planning to undergo a full audit of its reserves. However, the Big Four accounting firms remain unavailable due to the lack of regulatory definitions around stablecoins.
Tether (USDT) Reserves To Undergo Full Audit, Says CTO
“We wish that regulators would provide clarity on what is owed to be disclosed. If we disclose a [hypothetical] 10, it’s unfair that other stablecoins disclose a five.”
Tether’s CTO Paolo Ardoino asserts that public disclosure of details about its reserves hampers relationships with partners and banks. Disclosing details about banks and counterparties is not a fair practice.
Currently, accounting company MHA provides quarterly attestations of reserves. In fact, a top 12 accounting firm has been hired to do a full audit of the reserves. However, some reports have shown that the firm is under investigation by the UK Financial Reporting Council.
Paolo Ardoino claims Tether (USDT) is mostly backed by fiat-denominated reserves, with only a small proportion in digital assets. Moreover, Tether has reduced its holdings of commercial papers. In fact, the company has never redeemed its dividend, so accrued interest keeps on adding to its reserves.
“Tether redeemed 10% of its assets in 48 hours and, we could have done much more than that. In total, in 10 days, it was around $11 billion or 13% of our assets and still no problems.”
Tether (USDT) Market Cap Falls Below $70 Billion
The rising redemptions amid depeg caused the USDT market cap to dwindle below 70 billion. According to CoinMarketCap, the current market value of the USDT is $67.84 billion.
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Digital Asset Investment Products Saw Net Outflows of USD 423 Million Last Week, Sell on Rise?
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000