The crucial long running lawsuit between U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Ripple has become a major talking point. However, the revelation of documents related to Ex-SEC Director Hinam’s speech has become a key point of debate. Sarah Netburn, Magistrate Judge in the case has called in both parties to discuss the commission’s new assertion over the speech.
Hinman notes still remain key evidence
The SEC has been shielding Hinman’s infamous Ethereum speech memos over different assertions. Recently, the commission asserted that the internal documents come under attorney-client privilege. The agency claims that then Director got the legal advice from attorneys and another staff comes under it. The parts of emails and drafts gave guidance to him for the speech.
However, to clear the air over the assertions and to build a common consciousness among both parties. The conference will happen on June 07, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. Meanwhile, attorney James Filan mentioned that no call in information came to their consideration earlier. The conference seems to be in person meeting only.
SEC files motion against defendant’s request
Apart from this, the SEC has filed its opposition to the Ripple Defendants’ Motion. The defendants challenged the commission’s response to Ripple’s Fourth Set of Requests for Admissions. The motion mentioned that the commission has fairly and substantively responded to the requests over the issue where it was required.
The notice adds that the SEC either admits or denies any request after having a reasonable inquiry. It mentions other instances where the SEC response came under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 36. It declined to respond to 16 appeals made by the defendants in the court on September 21, 2021. The motion was filed to obtain some confidential details of trades of digital assets administered by SEC staff. Considering Rule 36(a)(6), the commission askes the court to deny the defendant’s motion.
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Digital Asset Investment Products Saw Net Outflows of USD 423 Million Last Week, Sell on Rise?
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000