As expected, April is turning out to be a crucial month for the Ripple Vs U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) lawsuit. Judge Sarah Netburn reviewed SEC’s request to leave the redacted portions of handwritten notes by SEC staff. Now, the Court has ordered the commission to submit proposed redactions for in camera review by April 8, 2022.
SEC cannot oppose Court’s ruling
The defendants in the case have already informed the court that they were relying on the court’s review and the commission’s portrayal of these notes. Now, the court will decide whether those memos from the meeting are a reflection of the author’s own thinking or discussion among the agency’s staff.
Interestingly, attorney James K Filan has shared a part of Judge Netburn’s ruling from January 13 regarding these notes. The decree mentions SEC may have to leave the redacted portions if the courts discover a reflection of the authors’ thinking or deliberations among agency officials. The judgment mentions that SEC has not registered any declaration about the method adopted for recording these notes.
It added that the notes do not suggest that some facts were recorded while some others were left out purposely. The memos do not appear to reflect any personal or author’s commentary. In the end, the court’s interpretation does not see any attorney-client communications in the notes.
Filan also informed that SEC cannot oppose the review decision as the Judge did what the commission offered them to do. The January 13 ruling mentions that privilege cannot stop these notes from production.
The Ripple and XRP community has faced many delays in the lawsuit over different matters. Filan reminded that decisions over the motion for reconsideration, to strike the supplemental expert report and compel revelation of Estabrook notes are still pending. The redaction of these notes just added to the list.
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Just In: Latest Report On Tether’s Fund Reserves
- Crypto Proponent Outlines Catalysts For Bitcoin’s Next Bull Run, Time To Buy?
- Bitcoin Price Could Hit As Low As $7,000 Before Next All Time High: Economist
- Terra’s UST Causes A 20% Dump In DeFi Token Curve (CRV), Here’s How
- Can Tron Fill The Hole In DeFi Left By Terra?
- Terra Crash Causes Ripple Effect Among Crypto Startups, Here’s How
- Bitcoin (BTC) To Slip Further Below $29K Today, Where’s The Bottom?
- LUNA, UST Volatility Spikes As Voting On Terra Fork Begins
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?