Solana ($SOL), the eighth-largest cryptocurrency by market cap has continued its bullish burst as it posted another all-time-high earlier today reaching $120. The new ATH comes just a day after $SOL breached the $100 barrier for the first time. The altcoin registered a 22% price surge over the past 24-hours even when the rest of the crypto markets moved sideways with the dominant bearish sentiment.
Solana extended its weekly gains to over 50% at a time when most of the crypto market’s weekly gains are in red. $SOL’s phenomenal run began in August and it has nearly seen a 4X rise in the past month itself making it one of the fastest-growing altcoin. It was also the first crypto token to reach a new ATH post-May market crash.
Solana’s Crowd Sentiment Record Rare Highs
The crowd sentiment around the eight largest crypto tokens is highly bullish as evident from the Santiment data which indicated that the Weighted sentiment has surpassed the 4 deviations above mean which is a rare occurrence. According to Santiment, the project is seeing hype to a level that very few crypto projects see.
The hype is understandable given Solana has managed to grab the public eye in a very short time span even competitors are in awe. Recently, Charles Hoskinson, the founder of Cardano heaped praises for the success of Solana and even wanted to learn more about it. The appreciation grabbed the media limelight because Cardano is set for a key Alonzo upgrade that would integrate smart contract support, making it a competition against Solana.
Can $SOL Make it to Top-5 Crypto List in 2021?
$SOL’s mammoth price rise in 2021 has also helped its market cap grow exponentially which is currently sitting at $33.8 billion just behind Dogecoin ($DOGE) at $35.5 billion. The altcoin is currently ranked eighth on CoinMarketcap, rising from the tenth spot just a couple of days ago.
If Solana manages to continue to rise similarly it has a good chance of doubling its market cap to near $70 billion that could push it above Tether’s $65 billion market cap making it the fifth-largest cryptocurrency. Many altcoins did it in the last bull cycle including Dogecoin and Binance Coin, so it’s on the cards.
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?