NFL quarterback Tom Brady has gifted a fan 1 BTC in exchange for his historic 600th touchdown pass ball.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, identified as Byron Kennedy, was mistakenly handed the ball by wide receiver Mike Evans, following the historic touchdown.
In the Sunday game that saw the Buccaneers pitched against the Chicago Bears, Brady threw his 600th career touchdown pass to fellow teammate Mike Evans — the highest number of touchdown passes by a single player in the entire history of NFL. Evans having no prior knowledge of the significance of the ball, handed it off to the fan wearing a jersey with Evans’ namesake.
The gesture by Tom Brady, too little or too much?
Founder of sports memorabilia auction company Goldin Auctions, Ken Goldin has given an hint regarding the worth of the ball. Taking to his twitter page, he said the ball could be worth any amount between $500,000 to $900,000.
At first, many thought that Kennedy had been played a fast one when it appeared to have given up the ball on some false hopes of a possible hangout with the quarterback. However, Brady later revealed on Monday Night Football that he had offered to give the fan 1 Bitcoin (BTC) as a ‘thank you for giving it back’. As at the time of writing this report, that’s about $62,494.
Interestingly, that’s not all that Kennedy will be getting. According to Tampa Bay Times reporter Rick Stroud, the Buccaneers have also agreed to issue out 2 signed team jerseys to Kennedy. He’ll also be getting a helmet with Brady’s autograph, Mike Evans game cleats, and a jersey signed by him, season tickets for the rest of 2021 and the entire 2022, as well as $1,000 credit towards purchases to be made at the team’s store.
Even with all of these aforementioned gifts, many still believe that Kennedy’s compensation is nowhere near that of the historic football.
Brady remains one of many professional sportsmen who have openly supported crypto. He has launched his own NFT platform called Autograph, and received tokens as part of an endorsement deal he had with crypto exchange FTX.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?