Digital Currency Group (DCG), the parent company behind Grayscale investments and Coindesk has raised the second largest funding in crypto history with a $700 million raise. The funding round was only second to FTX crypto exchange’s mammoth $900 million raise earlier this year. The latest funding round set DCG’s valuation at $10 billion, making it one of the richest crypto companies.
*Crypto Conglomerate Digital Currency Group Raises $700 Million in Investment Round at $10 Billion Valuation
*Digital Currency Group Investment Round Is Second-Largest in Crypto Sector
*Digital Currency Group Owns CoinDesk, Grayscale, Genesis
— *Walter Bloomberg (@DeItaone) November 1, 2021
The funding round was led by Softbank and saw participation from Google’s Capital G and Ribbit Capital as they try to gain more crypto market exposure beyond Bitcoin. DCG’s latest funding round came out of the blue given the firm has only raised $25 million since its inception six years ago.
“We’re the best proxy for investing in this industry,” Barry Sibert, founder and CEO of Digital Currency Group, told CNBC in an interview. “We were looking for the type of backers that could be, and hopefully will be with, with us on this journey for the next couple of decades.”
DCG’s crypto custody venture Grayscale, the world’s largest digital custody service provider is also looking to convert its premier Bitcoin offering into an ETF. The Bitcoin trust fund is currently valued at around $50 billion.
Crypto Funding Continues to Soar Through the Sky
2021 hasn’t been just the year for the crypto market, it has been even more prominent for crypto companies as they have raised billions in funding in the first three quarters of 2021. Several crypto startups have attained a unicorn status as well and the size of funding rounds has also increased by nearly 10X.
Until 2021, $100 million funding rounds topped the list but FTX crypto exchange changed it all with a mammoth $900 million raise. FTX raised another $420 million in October to attain a $25 billion valuation, making it one of the most valuable private crypto exchanges.
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?