Valkyrie Bitcoin (BTC) futures-linked exchange-traded fund has now launched on the Nasdaq exchange, making it only the second ETF in the United States to be trading on the exchange.
According to the Nasdaq, Valkyrie’s Bitcoin Strategy ETF, opened at a pool price of $25.52 per share before dropping 3.3% in the first hour to $24.66.
The exchange-traded fund is primarily aimed at tracking the price of BTC futures listed on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME), allowing U.S. investors to have direct exposure to cryptocurrency futures.
Valkyrie Funds CEO Leah Wald on choosing Nasdaq Exchange
Meanwhile, after becoming the first asset manager to create a bitcoin futures ETF on the Nasdaq Exchange, Valkyrie Funds CEO Leah Wald says it wasn’t in any way, a difficult choice to make.
Leah said anyone would have chosen Nasdaq after looking at the potential listing partners. She then added in a praise-filled remark, how it makes perfect sense to choose a technology-first, and innovation-based outfit as Nasdaq who has unarguably been leading the crypto revolution charge.
Speaking further on the Bitcoin Strategy ETF, Leah believes that this is a major step in the right direction for the asset class. She then spoke about how the ETF will enable investors to take part in the digital asset markets.
In another interview with Bloomberg, Wald spoke more on why she feels that some investors would prefer to own a bitcoin futures ETF over bitcoin itself. She noted by saying that the edge is in the fact that bitcoin is not a regulated asset, whereas CME futures are.
According to reports, the SEC is reviewing almost 24 ETF filings for bitcoin and bitcoin futures at this present time. Also worthy of note is the fact that Wald mentioned that Valkyrie has again submitted another application for a spot bitcoin ETF.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26