The crypto community was flooded with speculations of yet another hack, this time around the hedge fund manager, Three Arrow Capital’s wallets were at risk. However, the firm’s CEO has clarified that it is just a move from L1 to L2.
Earlier today, the Chinese journalist, Colin Wu tweeted that 91,477 ETH, which amounts to approximately $400 million were transferred from FTX, Binance and Coinbase to the wallet marked by nansen as Three Arrow Capital. The fearmongering spread like wild fire and the market was full of hack speculations, given the ongoing hack frenzy in the decentralized industry. Nevertheless, Three Arrow Capital’s CEO, Su Zhu took to Twitter and noted that there are multiple other incoming transfers to shift to L2.
Look I couldn't let you guys jerk off watching the burn without me
Eth L1 still unusable for newcomers, show it to your grandma if you don't believe me
I'll still bid it hard on any panic dump like this weekend obv
100k eth is dust fwiw, more coming
— Zhu Su 🔺 (@zhusu) December 7, 2021
Zhu continued claiming that L1 is highly unusable, especially for newcomers. However, this was not the first time Zhu commented against Ethereum despite being an avid user himself. Three Arrow Capital CEO has even said that he has “abandoned Ethereum despite supporting it in the past”, because the network is not affordable enough for new users. While saying that, he has contradicted himself emphasising on the importance of L2.
Want to soften this and say abandon is the wrong word. Was heat of the moment. I'm sorry.
There are great teams working on scaling Eth on L2.
Would've preferred to see eth1x roadmap. Also would've preferred focusing on users rather than holders welfare in upgrades. https://t.co/N3YTAbfVBi
— Zhu Su 🔺 (@zhusu) November 21, 2021
L2 to Resolve Scalability Issues
The need for Layer 2 scaling solutions on the Ethereum network has been proven inevitable by the Ethereum founder, Vitalik Buterin, to facilitate the safest and most sustainable way to scale Ethereum while preserving decentralization. Earlier this October, Buterin spoke at the 2021 Shanghai International Blockchain Week, highlighting the need for scalability and implementation of rollups.
Vitalik Buterin talked about L2 scalability in reference to the non-fungible tokens (NFTs) frenzy, together with the explosive growth of decentralized finance (Defi) on the Ethereum network. Vitalik suggested that moving all NFTs to layer-two solutions can beat the high gas fees issue, further advising blockchains and NFTs to transfer to L2 to counter scalability issues. According to Buterin, the mainstream blockchain has become overcrowded, causing problems like high transaction fees.However, he noted that upcoming scaling solutions may take longer than expected to become fully operational. Henceforth, he suggested Rollups as the second-best option for users. Rollups are a Layer 2 solution that handles transactions outside the Ethereum mainnet, i.e., Layer 1.
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?