Hester Peirce popularly known as the “Crypto Mom” just got elected as the Commissioner of the United States SEC, once again
The crypto industry has been subject to scrutiny from authorities across the world. However, off-late, it seems as though the highest officials of different governments have began to understand the capabilities of the crypto-verse. Apart from those who try to impose a ban on the crypto industry, there are several authorities who have been probing the prospects of the industry. Hester Peirce also known as “Crypto Mom” is one of the latter.
Last month, the United States Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs held a virtual meeting where Peirce suggested that she wanted to prolong her stay as the Commissioner of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission [SEC]. In more recent updates, the SEC confirmed that Peirce was elected as the Commissioner for the second time. The Senate Cloakroom announced the same on Twitter. The tweet read,
Confirmed by voice vote: Executive Calendar #833 Hester Peirce to be a Member of the Securities and Exchange Commission for a term expiring June 5, 2025. (Reappointment)
— Senate Cloakroom (@SenateCloakroom) August 6, 2020
Peirce has time and again been lauded for advocating the benefits of the crypto industry. During the virtual hearing that took place on 21 July 2020, Peirce pointed out that crypto was here to stay. She added,
“…. I would like to set up a regulatory framework that works well for crypto.”
This further stirred the crypto-verse where several members part of the community hoped to witness better days for the entire ecosystem. On 6 August 2020, the Chairman of the SEC, Jay Clayton along with Commissioners Elad L. Roisman and Allison Herren Lee announced that “Crypto Mom” Peirce would continue her role as the SEC’s Commissioner for the next five years, till 5 June 2025.
Bitcoin ETFs have been struggling to enter the market as they have been constantly delayed or rejected. However, the latest news left several speculating the chances of crypto ETFs finally seeing the light of the day.
While different crypto communities like the XRP community, Bitcoin community started demanding apt regulations for their respective coins, few others hoped for the development of the crypto industry as a whole.
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?