Digital asset manager Grayscale has launched a new effort to get the approval from U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) over BTC ETF.
As the year 2022 is passing by, the call for Bitcoin (BTC) exchange traded funds (ETF) is also on a rise. Experts believe that sooner or later it will make its way to Wall Street exchanges.
Grayscale ETF could be approved as soon as July
According to a report, the Grayscale wrote a letter to the commission focusing on the legal technicalities to boost up its request. The asset manager is looking to convert its $40 billion worth of Bitcoin into an ETF. Grayscale’s move has come amid a time when the commission is having a discussion over exchange traded fund’s future. However, the decision over Grayscale’s request can come out anytime in July.
It is been reported that around three such crypto related ETFs are already in the line for consent. Meanwhile, Grayscale’s proactive approach will eventually push the SEC to make its decision on time.
Grayscale in the letter mentioned that “when it comes to approving, there is no basis for treating spot bitcoin products differently from bitcoin futures products.”
SEC running out of excuses?
Craig Salm, CLO of Grayscale, has raised the point that the commission is continually losing its potential to rely on the difference between ETF’s rules and spot ETF’s regulations.
The commission has cited “difficulty in tracking and manipulation in the market” of crypto assets as the main reason for declining the spot crypto ETFs. Exchange funds holding crypto futures are already live in the market as their trades are being monitored by the regulators.
Meanwhile, SEC head Gary Gensler has been a big opposer to the crypto market. He highlighted that the digital assets market is unregulated, thus raising manipulation and fraud concerns. Earlier, SEC made its steps toward registering crypto platforms with the commission.
- Crypto Proponent Outlines Catalysts For Bitcoin’s Next Bull Run, Time To Buy?
- Terra’s UST Causes A 20% Dump In DeFi Token Curve (CRV), Here’s How
- Terra Crash Causes Ripple Effect Among Crypto Startups, Here’s How
- Bitcoin (BTC) To Slip Further Below $29K Today, Where’s The Bottom?
- LUNA, UST Volatility Spikes As Voting On Terra Fork Begins
- Panama Delays Legalizing Crypto On This Major Factor
- Big Investors in Terra LUNA Finally Break Silence, Here’s What They Have to Say
- Bitcoin (BTC) Tanks Under $29,000 After A Classic Bull Trap, Still More Pain Left?
- Just In: Russia Minister Hints At Bitcoin Payments Nod
- Breaking: SEC Announces Huge Crypto Enforcement Plan
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?