Just as Bitcoin (BTC) price continues to make new highs every passing day, investment firms across the world are working on introducing Bitcoin exchange-traded-funds (ETFs) to the market. Pulling the regulatory strings, Swedish financial watchdog – Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA) – has warned investment firms to think twice before selling their crypto-based ETF products.
In the FOMO triggered by rising prices, investors are entering the crypto space at an unprecedented rate. As per the Bloomberg report, the FSA in a statement wrote that “it will take action against companies that sell the risky, complex instruments to retail investors who don’t understand what they’re getting into”.
The Swedish regulator has called for additional regulation in this space. It added that the ETF-like investment instruments are “unsuitable for most, if not all, consumers”. The FSA added that since retail buyers of such volatile investment products follow the market, “the risk of large losses increases”.
The craze around Bitcoin ETFs has recently shot up amid the rapidly surging BTC price. Also, Sweden hosts the largest Bitcoin ETF product – $1.7 billion Bitcoin Tracker EUR – listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
Thus, with the latest frenzy around, the FSA has started reviewing crypto-based investment tracking products. It noted that they have to further work in this direction as the current requirements don’t do enough to alleviate the risks faced by the buyers currently.
Bitcoin ETF Popularity Growing in North America
Demand for Bitcoin ETF has recently shot up massively in the North American market, especially Canada. the Bitcoin ETF funds launched by Purpose Investment saw a massive response clocking nearly $400 trading volume in just two days of launch.
STUNNING: The Canada Bitcoin ETF $BTCC already has collected $421m in assets first two days (crushing our estimate). Proportionally speaking it is the equiv of a US ETF taking $8b in first two days. If it were to keep up this pace it will be the biggest ETF in Canada in 20 days. pic.twitter.com/ESIMIiy7qy
— Eric Balchunas (@EricBalchunas) February 20, 2021
Following the launch of Purpose Bitcoin ETF, Canada also got its second Bitcoin ETF from Evolve in the same week. However, Purpose has managed to make the most of the first-mover-advantage.
The race for launching the Bitcoin ETF in the U.S. market is picking up once again. NYDIG has been the recent applicant of the Bitcoin ETF with the U.S. SEC, shares of which will be traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). In the past, the SEC has turned down over a dozen of proposals for the Bitcoin ETF over strong concerns of price manipulation and liquidity.
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?