Canadian exchange-traded fund, Purpose Bitcoin ETF purchased a whopping 6.9k BTC just yesterday, recording its biggest Bitcoin purchase of over $2 billion in a day by a massive margin as revealed by data from blockchain information provider Glassnode. Prior to this, the largest daily inflow was around 2.9k BTC.
Total AUM for Purpose Bitcoin ETF has grown to CA $1.5 Billion
With this recent purchase, the total assets under management (AUM) for the Purpose Bitcoin ETF has grown to CA$1.5b (US$1.2b) with a total of 41620 BTC under the management of the ETF as at press time. Due to the current slump of the crypto market, however, the YTD daily returns of the ETF is down by 30%.
Per data from cryptocurrency information platform Coinglass, late last month, the ETF purchased a total of 1,132 Bitcoin after selling off some of its assets the previous month amidst the Bitcoin bear market that has plagued the asset throughout this year.
Purpose Investments launched the Purpose BTC ETF in February, 2021 – the first of its kind – to give investors the opportunity to invest in BTC without directly trading the assets or holding it in their portfolio. The ETF amassed up to $1 billion of AUM after the first month as it traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange with ticker BTCC.
Why Bitcoin ETF is the next big thing?
Cryptocurrency ETFs are funds that contain cryptocurrencies. Typically, a Bitcoin ETF gives investors the ability to purchase funds which are directly tied to the price of BTC, giving them the opportunity to hold investments in BTC without directly holding the asset.
After the launch of Purpose Bitcoin ETF, a few other ETFs backed by cryptocurrencies have emerged owing to the growing interest in digital assets and institutional adoption. A few of them include Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF, VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF and suchlike.
The first US Bitcoin ETF is ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BITO) which commenced trading on 19 October last year as it garnered around $1 billion just a few days after launch.
Just yesterday, two Bitcoin ETFs also launched in Australia, one of which, the Cosmos-Purpose Bitcoin ETF ($CBTC), aims to purchase shares from the Purpose Bitcoin ETF as a way of providing investing opportunities to potential shareholders.
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?