Luxembourg based digital currency exchange Blockchain.com is mulling the plans to conduct an Initial Public Offering (IPO) in a move to become a publicly traded company. As reported by Fortune, drawing on Macrina Kgil’s interview with Forbes, the company is looking at the possibility of conducting the IPO in 2023.
Macrina who is the Chief Financial Officer for the company has been quite vocal about the firm’s growth in recent times. In a blog post shared today, she noted that the company has exceeded $1 trillion in total cash transactions processed by the firm, a performance that re-emphasizes the firm’s pioneering dominance in the crypto world.
According to Macrina, the company has “handled nearly a third of all bitcoin network transactions since 2012, with the majority of all transactions processed through Blockchain.com Wallets taking place over the past 2 years.”
“These numbers don’t reflect what’s bought and sold on our exchange, but rather real usage of crypto: instantly sending value across the world as easily as sending an email.”
The exchange has maintained its course for the past three years, and the move into the public market niche will further expand its presence as a unicorn with a $5.2 billion valuation. This mammoth growth is further complemented with a large retail user base with over 76 million active wallets.
More Crypto Unicorns Eyeing Public Debuts
The digital currency ecosystem went agog when Coinbase Global Inc went public earlier in the second quarter of this year via direct listing on the Nasdaq. The emergence of the exchange which earned it an $85.8 billion market cap sent the feeling of possibility across the nascent industry.
Following Coinbase, a number of crypto trading platforms including eToro, and Kraken have also expressed interests in pursuing public market listings. While not a primarily crypto focused outfit, Robinhood has also benefited from the impacts of digital currencies, even as it got listed on Nasdaq back in July
The hint given by the Blockchain.com executive will serve as a testament to the sustainable growth on record by trading platforms around the world.
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?