Grayscale Investments, a popular crypto asset management firm has become the first crypto company to partner with an NFL team in the form of New York Giants. The partnerships come amid the growing popularity of crypto assets as well as crypto companies this bull season. As part of the new sponsorship, deal Grayscale will be the Presenting Sponsor of The Giants Foundation Golf Outing and would be the official sponsor for all home games.
Grayscale CEO, Michael Sonnenshein
“Our partnership with the Giants is incredibly meaningful because our roots are in New York. We are excited to partner with such a forward-thinking franchise, to work together on philanthropic initiatives, and to continue to support the New York metropolitan community.”
The New York Giants also believe the partnership with the world’s largest crypto asset management firm would help them navigate the growing popularity of digital assets and how they can be incorporated into their ecosystem.
New York Giants Chief Commercial Officer Pete Guelli said,
Grayscale quickly emerged as a company that shares our passion for the New York market but also has the institutional knowledge and network of partners that we can access as crypto continues to evolve.”
Major Sports League Teams and Players Increasingly Drawn Towards Cryptocurrencies
Grayscale might have become the first crypto company to partner with an NFL team, but many other sports leagues and their players have been increasingly involved with cryptocurrencies in the recent past. Today, MLB team Oakland Athletics announced they would sell their season tickers against Dogecoin. NFL quarterback Trevor Lawrence recently partnered with BlockFolio and accepted a portion of his signing bonus in cryptocurrencies.
Russell Okung another major league player started the trend of sports personalities accepting a portion of their salaries in Bitcoin. Sean Culkin also announced that he is a big-time Bitcoin believer and to prove his point he will accept his entire 2021 NFL salary in Bitcoin.
I fully believe Bitcoin is the future of finance and I wanted to prove that I have real skin in the game — not just trying to make a quick buck. I will be converting my entire 2021 NFL salary to #Bitcoin.
— Sean Culkin (@culkin22) April 26, 2021
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS