The legal battle between Ripple and SEC is getting complicated as both parties now more active than ever. Ripple and the Individual Defendants have filed their Opposition to the SEC’s Motion for Partial Reconsideration and Clarification of Judge Netburn’s DPP Ruling. The notice mentioned that SEC’s motion is simply seeking a “do-over”.
Ripple files opposition to SECs motion citing a Do-Over
The SEC’s Motion is an inappropriate attempt at a do-over simply because it is unhappy with the Court’s order on its prior briefing. The SEC makes no pretense that the demanding standard for reconsideration is satisfied here, reads the notice.
The letter mentions that SEC is trying to again brief an issue that has been extensively litigated for nearly a year. This time it is based on a new theory in a reversal-of course. Ripple’s notice clearly attacked the SEC’s conflicting consideration of the Hinman’s speech.
The SEC maintained that Mr. Hinman’s Speech simply expressed the “personal views” of the speaker. The SEC now argues for the first time that the Speech was the culmination of and reflected a policy process within the Division of Corporation Finance. This reversal contradicts Mr. Hinman’s sworn statement.
Actually, SEC has been using the delay tactics to further stretch the case. The commission also fails to establish that Court’s January 13, 2022 Order was in error. Over the Hinman’s speech, the court has already recognized that SEC staff were involved in discussions around the Speech.
The SEC has never before argued that the discussions about what Mr. Hinman should include in his 2018 Speech were part of a process that led to the Framework, reads the notice
Earlier, the commission filed its opposition to Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse’s motion to compel its turnover of notes taken by Matthew Estabrook. The mentioned notes were taken back in 2018 during a meeting between Elad Roisman and Brad Garlinghouse. However, the SEC has submitted the notes to the court for an on-camera review.
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?